We engaged with over 675 people to gather opinions on a new approach to dental commissioning and identify key areas of importance in accessing dental care.
- Commissioned by NHS England & NHS Improvement to engage with the public on future plans for dental care in Herefordshire .
- Engagement took place in April & May 2022.
- 675 responses via online survey.
- 6 focus groups with 18 attendees.
- Large majority of responses highlighted the significant lack of dental care in the county.
- Highlighted serious concerns about the general state of people’s oral health, the length of time since people last saw a dentist & concerns over the cost of care.
- In the event of a new practice opening, options for morning & evening opportunities were felt necessary & there were concerns over transport from market towns.