The NHS Five Year Forward View in Herefordshire and Worcestershire
Across Herefordshire and Worcestershire, health and care organisations are committed to always providing safe and effective services, but the way some services are run may need to change.
This is partly because of a growing population and rising demands on services and making the best of the resources available.
This could mean some big changes to how we all see and use health and care services.
Due to the size of the challenge, health and social care bodies in Herefordshire and Worcestershire (and across the country) are working together on a plan to help make sure health and care services are safe and sustainable for the future.
A published draft of the Herefordshire and Worcestershire Sustainability & Transformation Plan can be found here
This is Your Conversation
The link to our survey below is one way Healthwatch Herefordshire is gathering people’s views to ensure these are considered in the development of the plan. Wherever possible, health and social care organisations want to put the voice of patients, service users, families and carers at the heart of any changes.
Please complete our survey to give us your views this survey will be running from 5th December 2016 - 28th February 2017
What are Healthwatch doing?
- Healthwatch have been engaging with groups of carers, patients and service users gathering their views. A summary of feedback gathered in September and October can be viewed here
- We also produced an online survey in October 2016, which was completed by over 150 carers. The results can be viewed here
- An online survey ran from 1st November - 1st December 2016 which was completed by 102 members of the public. The results can be viewed here
- Healthwatch and The Herefordshire Clinical Commissioning Group held a conference for Patient Participation Group representatives from all 24 GP surgeries in Herefordshire on 6th December 2016, the feedback report can be viewed here
- Healthwatch held engagement activities with Herefordshire Council's 'Making it Real' group of service users and Herefordshire Council's Autism Partnership Board. The report can be viewed here
- Healthwatch held an engagement exercise with Herefordshire Council's Adults Wellbeing Directorate to gather the views of their workforce on 25th January 2017. Report coming soon
Over the coming month we will continue to visit groups in the community to gather views of the public.
We will be at the following groups and locations:
Hereford Hospital Foyer - 12th December 2016 11 - 2pm
Leominster Community Hospital - 19th December 2016 11-2pm
Ross Community Hospital - 23rd January 2017 10 - 12:30pm
Making It Real Service User Board, Herefordshire Council - 11th January 2017
Herefordshire Autism Partnership Board, Herefordshire Council - 24th January 2017
Bromyard Community Hospital - 25th January 2017 11 - 2pm
Hereford Disability United, Saxon Hall - 8th February 2017 10 - 1pm
Talent Match, Robert Owen Academy - 8th February 2017 1.30pm
(Last updated February 7th 2017)
The overarching engagement report and survey report summary can be viewed below: